Tilly, Inc. is seeking a part-time financial planner.
Tilly, Inc., a new, up-and-coming fee-only RIA firm is seeking a part-time financial planner. The planner would ideally have a CFP Designation, but it is not required if the planner has adequate experience. This is a part-time position that will probably require 10-15 hours per week. Work times are generally flexible. Tilly’s founder can act as a back-up when needed. Pay is $30 to $50 per hour depending on experience. No benefits are included. A vast majority of the work is provided virtually, i.e., via zoom.
Tilly mainly incorporates a passive investment strategy for its clients. Our clients’ financial situations are normally straight-forward, but they appreciate working with a planner who can help them make investment and financial decisions. Common planning topics include retirement planning, life insurance, stock and mutual fund investing, education savings, budgeting, and borrowing decisions. Clients are diverse, but most are 30s or 40s, upper-middle class, and married.
The position requires the following:
- Build financial plans and clients help execute those plans in terms of investments, budgets, and more.
- Properly allocate assets on an ongoing basis.
- Trade securities on behalf of clients.
- Maintain the proper asset allocation for clients.
- Host virtual planning meetings with clients.
- Provide advice ranging from investments, insurance, budgets, education savings.
- Help clients set up online financial planning tools such as eMoney and Morningstar.
- Provide clients with quarterly performance and asset allocation reports.
- Passionately support our commitment to creating an outstanding experience for clients.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Provide support to other areas of the company as needed.
- 5+ years professional experience in a financial planning capacity.
- Required licenses or the ability to obtain the proper licenses.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual.
- Proven success in executing financial planning to achieve desired results.
- Experience engaging with clients in meetings and planning sessions.
- A team player who performs well independently.
- Must be a confident, adaptable self-starter who thrives in an empowered, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with financial planning platforms such as eMoney.
- Experience working with trading platforms such as Charles Schwab.
How to Apply
Please email Bobby Martin at email@example.com with cover letter and list of experience or resume.
At Tilly, we believe that financial advice should be affordable, accessible, and simple to manage. That’s why we are revolutionizing the way you work with an experienced financial advisor, saving our clients time, money and hassle. Learn more about Tilly at asktilly.com.